10 Benefits of having a power generator set
In a world increasingly dependent upon energy, technology and data, it is a priority to have a reliable and sustainable supply of electricity. This is precisely what generator sets offer us. However, the virtues of these devices go beyond what meets the eye and it is worth knowing them. We compiled a list of 10 fundamental benefits so that none of them is left out:
What are the main benefits of having a generator set
- Electricity supply no matter what. Generator sets are meant for you to always have electricity whatever happens. This means that problems with the electrical network will no longer be critical for you, given that you will be constantly backed up by an autonomous generation solution which is 100% effective.
- Farewell to losses: relying on the backup of a generator set in your business allows you to forget about time and productivity losses supposed by power blackouts.
- More autonomy, more possibilities: when using an energy distribution solution such as a genset you are no longer dependent on the limitations imposed by the infrastructure of the electrical network. This means more peace of mind and, most of all, more freedom when it comes to conceiving your business projects and letting them fly.
- It allows you more mobility: generator sets allow you to have a power supply in areas lacking an electrical network. Therefore, they eliminate obstacles when it comes to carrying out projects and they contribute to the development of remote or disadvantaged areas.
- Your project is in charge: at present, the design of gensets is tailored to the clients’ needs and the features of their projects. According to your requirements, you will be able to choose: between engines using different fuels, between stationary or mobile generators, between hybrid and marine generators, as well as between different profiles of power delivery and of use.
- An additional security layer: the consequences of a power outage go beyond the mere issue of productivity. A sudden “blackout” can cause severe damage to our devices and machinery and this is something that can be avoided if we have the backup provided by an emergency genset.
- It contributes to sustainability: as opposed to the great impact left by the emissions produced by thermal power stations, generator sets offer a model of energy production which increasingly allows one to leave the least possible environmental footprint. The present-day trend is represented by generators using fuels with low CO2 emissions, like natural gas or liquefied petroleum gas (LPG). Moreover, these are low noise devices, producing no sound pollution.
- It is an investment which pays off: A generator set will give you an extremely valuable service and will continue to do so for a long time. Most certainly, with appropriate use and maintenance, you will have a safe, long-term investment.
- More efficient energy production: statistics show that electricity losses in the Spanish network of transport and distribution amount to 8% of all available production. Using distribution solutions such as gensets, one manages to reduce such losses. Moreover, we contribute to avoiding overloads in the network during the peak hours.
- You save in consumption: gensets allow you to reduce costs, by helping you manage the electricity demand in a more economical way. For example, you can use them as a backup during peak hours, in order to avoid excessive consumption. According to calculations, you can save up to 40% in this time slot.
In short, a generator set brings you peace of mind, opens up a large spectrum of business opportunities and all this in an effective and sustainable way.